Unit 4[THE DAFFODILS] (WILLIAM WORDSWORTH)

Pre-Reading:
  • What is nature ?
  • How do you enjoy the beauty of the nature ?
  • Would you like to visit a place of natural beauty? 
Reading:
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host ,of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the star that shine
And twinkle on the Milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance.,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced,but they 
Out-did he sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company :
I gazed-and gazed-but little thought 
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft,when on my couch I lie 
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon  that inward eye 
Which is the bliss of soltiude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the DAFFODILS.

About the Poet:
William Wordsworth was born on 7 April 1770 at cockermouth in  Cambria. He was a major English poet. In 1799,Wordsworth settled at Dove Cottage in Grasmere in the Lake District. Wordsworth's well-known poem,The Daffodils was written at Dove Cottage.Wordsworth died on 23 April 1850.

Comments

Popular Posts